
The title are the words
Chan Gong Shifu wrote in Australia
As I was told.
Shifu's compassion enveloped me
as I recalled.....
whilst offering Shifu an orange drink,
He returned with such kind compassionate words and praises,
And offered me the most precious
Chanting Beads.
When this unrefined being practiced prostrations in Nian Yun Monastery,
His warm hand held my wrongly located palms
so gently.
Shifu I will always have tears when I recall you,
especially now as I listen to the 6 verse chantings,
which helped pulled through the darkest hours of my life.
With manifestations of cleansing lights.
And yet it was totally less than 1 week or 2,
that I got to be with you in close proximity,
joyfully serving and awaiting to serve you.
Causes and conditions are beyond comprehension
因緣不可思義
I soaked myself in a tradition of Emptiness ,
Yet I was in utter tears when you presented that of the Form, Infinite Lights,
Of 阿彌陀佛,
And I started to be grounded
with the hunble way of the slow prostrations,
the way of morning and evening services,
the way of holding the incenses,
the mantras that accompany daily actions,
and hence rafted me across the messy ocean
of life
Yet I never seemed to be able to stay close
as I 'strayed' between Emptiness and Form
Regretably,
I recalled you said:
Come stay back for 佛七,禪七you could have it anytime
Now I understand,
your meaning, and what you might have in mind.
Shifu you are always the last resort I turn to,
I am so sorry at heart,
that I never had a chance to repay your kindness,
yet I used up all your compassion.
The conditions are different,
and so ironic.
It is like a twisted lane - entertwining both Form and Emptiness,
yet they are the same,
in your most profound and humble teachings.
My vows flowed ever since I learnt to prostrate after you.
And truly, you are the Father of Dharma to me,
The first ever 師父,
One who revived the dead being within.
Without you I would be farther away
from the Path.
And I always
strayed away from your wondrous and strict teachings.
Let me repent as much as
I could
and pray & vow
that you will be reborn in a perfect Lotus,
Returning to the Samsara world again
and that
we could meet again.
A Bodhisattva, A Buddha,
How could I ever,
Repay their kindness
and yours.
阿彌陀佛(the chanting started just as this is finished...nowness... blessings)

No comments:
Post a Comment